Benefits of Orthodontic treatment
- A healthier mouth
- A more pleasing appearance
- Teeth that are more likely to last a lifetime
- Overbite - Upper front teeth sticks out too forward over the lower teeth
- Underbite - The lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
- Crossbite - The upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- Open bite - Space that appears on the front surface when the back teeth bite together
- Misplaced midline - The centre of your upper front teeth does not line up with the centre of your lower front teeth
- Spacing - Spaces, between the teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not "fill up" the mouth
- Crowding - There are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
Some of featured treatments are:
- Braces – It is comprised of bands, wires and/or brackets. The wires are passed through the brackets and attached to the bands to form an arc over the teeth. Tightening the arch wire puts tension on the teeth, gradually aligning them.
- Aligners – They are removable, similar to braces without metal wires and brackets. Aligners are virtually invisible and it is an alternative for braces.
- Palatal expander - A plastic plate fits over the roof of the mouth. It is used to widen the arch of the upper jaw.
- Removable retainers - worn on the roof of the mouth, these devices prevent shifting of the teeth to their previous position.
Thangam's Dental Clinic is a pioneer in cosmetic dentistry chennai provides best dental Treatment in Tamil nadu